If you haven’t discovered or utilised the list feature on Twitter, you’re making life hard for yourself.
Lists are a fantastic tool for cutting through the endless stream of tweets in your feed to focus on the people or businesses who are most important to you. This will not only save you time but will also make interacting and curating information a whole lot easier.
If you are not sure what lists to create, here are some ideas:
- Industry Leaders
- Local Businesses
- Competitors – you may want to keep this one Private
- Event attendees
By creating lists you will now be able to go directly to the relevant list and see what the people or businesses in that list are tweeting about making it easier to share or join the conversation.
If you have not created a list before, this should get you started.
To create a list on the web:
- Click on your profile icon to show the drop down menu
- Click on lists
- Click on Create new list
- Choose a name for your list and put in a description (if you want one). Then choose your Privacy setting (Public – anyone can see & subscribe to the list or Private – only you can see it)
- Click Save
To create a list on your phone or tablet:
- While on the Me tab, click on the gear icon
- Select lists
- Click on the +
- Choose a name for your list and put in a description (if you want one). The default Private setting for your list is Public (anyone can see & subscribe to the list) If you want it to be Private (only you can see it) slide the switch to on.
- Click Save
Once you’ve created your lists you can now start adding people & businesses. This can be done by using the gear icon and choosing Add/Remove from lists and clicking on the list or lists you would like to add them to.
Happy listing 🙂